The individual in this full time position reports directly to the GIS Developer. The GIS Technician is required to: perform technical assignments in the discipline of GIS (Geographical Information Systems) which focus on reviewing and verifying the accuracy and completeness of GIS and CAD data; responsible for producing a wide variety of computerized maps and mapping layers; interpret source data and incorporate the information into the computer database using GIS and CAD software; ensure data quality/accuracy by identifying and correcting GIS errors; answer questions and provide information to the public and staff regarding GIS data and maps. Also performs certain duties including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for performing periodic field surveys.
- Responsible for quality assurance regarding the accuracy and completeness of GIS and CAD data, as well as the management of all associated layers.
- Responsible for the production of maps and spatial products using multiple data sources in order to meet customer requests.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing land acquisition documents for projects.
- Responsible for interpreting legal descriptions and parcel data.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a closely related field; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Applications will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. Friday, June 28, 2019
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer