Water Quality Compliance Analyst/Inspector
This full-time position reports directly to the Water Quality/Compliance Supervisor. Performs sampling and testing of water quality in the lakes, streams, LAS sites and HCWA water reclamation facilities. Performs industrial monitoring sampling and inspections all to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Samples, collects and analyzes influent, effluent and pond samples from all water reclamation facilities. Collects and analyzes industrial samples as required. Performs testing on all LAS monitoring wells. Collects surface water samples as required.
· Collects samples resulting from a spill or overflow from any water reclamation or sewage line.
· Cleans and sterilizes lab containers and utensils; calibrates and cleans equipment used in wastewater testing; maintains equipment used in the plant, keeps daily log on equipment, and calibration checks. Responsible for cleanliness and organization in the lab at all times.
· Prepares control charts including matrix spikes, laboratory fortified blanks, standards and duplicates and reports the results daily to the Water Quality / Compliance Supervisor
· Conducts instrument detection limits, method detection limits and calibration on all instrumentation
· Performs quality control (QC) tests and quality assurance (QA) measures for each testing procedure. Immediately notifies the Water Quality Compliance Supervisor of any compliance issues related to the permits and/or QA/QC.
· Under general supervision, assist the Industrial Pretreatment Program as delegated by the EPA and Georgia EPD.
· Inspects industrial and commercial businesses to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations pertaining to industrial wastewater quality
· Evaluates industrial user’s production, operation and maintenance practices as they relate to wastes discharged to the sewer system.
· Assist with grease interceptor sizing, installation and inspections
· Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with customers, coworkers and other agencies such as Environmental Health department, County Code Enforcement, Department of Agriculture, HCWA Wastewater Maintenance personnel and the HCWA GIS Department.
· Confer with contractors, business owners and the general public on pretreatment regulations; explain and interpret requirements and restrictions.
· Investigate complaints regarding wastewater pretreatment; prepare incident reports; analyze data and resolve issues.
· Conduct surveillance on septic and FOG haulers
· Aids in new construction or upgrades of industrial facilities
· Conducts special projects as needed due to regulation, emergency or research.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Associates (A.A.) or Bachelor’s degree (B.S) or technical school in chemistry, biology or a closely related field; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a State of Georgia Wastewater Laboratory License. Preferred experience includes knowledge and/or experience with a discrete analyzer.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 26, 2019
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer