Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all accounting functions of the Authority. Develops, implements and maintains effective accounting and internal control policies and procedures. Assists Chief Financial Officer in the organization's financial planning and working with financial advisors in regard to sale of revenue bonds, investing proceeds, determining and monitoring the disbursements of the proceeds, investing other available funds and maintaining relationships with lending institutions, and the financial community by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, implements, and monitors work plans to achieve goals and objectives.
- Contributes to the development of and monitors performance against the annual department budget.
- Responsible for Treasury Management.
- Supervises and participates in developing, implementing and evaluating plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve goals, objectives and work standards.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer in the following:
- Preparation of reports, audits, statements, budgeting, accounting, purchasing, and insurance activities for the Authority.
- Direct internal staff in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Appraise the Authority's financial position and issues periodic financial and operating reports.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of budget programs.
- Analyzes and consolidates, cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Consolidation of accounting data and preparation of statements for management information.
- Prepare recommendations of future financial plans, forecasts and policies.
- Conduct rate and fee studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the Authority's policies and operations.
- Maintains administrator permissions for financial and customer service software.
§ Prepare annual budget, compare to actual and report variances.
§ Work with department managers with submission of budget. Review for accuracy and completeness. Create a consolidated budget version for management approval.
§ Upload budget into GP Dynamics and review for errors.
§ Prepare monthly budget to actual reports for managers and report on significant variances.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Authority's annual audit.
- Manages and directs research and implements enhancements to procedures to improve customer care and support and operational efficiencies.
- Evaluates procedures from the standpoint of internal control and policy. Analyzes financial and billing systems and identifies internal controls needed.
- Assumes custodial duties of funds when CFO not present, securities, and assets of the Authority.
§ Responsible for developing, maintaining, implementing, and coordinating Emergency Action Plans within the department to ensure appropriate safety and security protocols are in place. Duties include identifying and developing procedures that target areas of risk, and performing drills or tabletop discussions that raise awareness and train employees on how to appropriately respond to threats, risks, and emergency situations.
§ Directly supervises the employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance or a related field; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 27, 2019
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer