Sprayfield Operator III/Trainee
This full-time position operates Land Application System of treated wastewater to control flow rates and maintain compliance with EPD guidelines by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains application rates of treated wastewater to stay within EPD permit limits as stated in EPD permits.
- Accurately enters daily operation data into computer so reports can be completed by deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining pond levels to ensure capacity of existing plant flows and future rain events.
- Collects samples from monitoring wells for testing of depth of ground water, performs pH and electrical conductivity tests in the field by approved EPD methods.
- Collects groundwater samples as required for lab to run nitrate/nitrogen and fecal coliform tests, recording exact place, date, time of sampling as required in chain of custody reports.
- Collects soil samples for pH and Soil fertility test by approved methods.
- Responsible for maintaining proper operation of spray heads and piping; inspects irrigation fields for damaged sprinklers, water lines, and bent risers; flags damaged items for repair.
- Assists in repairs of risers, spray heads and piping as needed.
- Operates control valves daily and schedules proper rotation of LAS zones.
- Operates a tractor with a rotary mower to maintain grass in the spray lanes, force mains and roads so visual inspections of spraying can be maintained at all times.
- Monitors and reports runoff situations to prevent direct discharges to creeks.
- Maintains vehicles, tractors, heavy equipment and ATV’s such as checking oil, coolant, tire pressure, lights, and safety checks. Notifies shop to schedule repairs when needed.
- May be required to serve on various employee committees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirements: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Georgia driver’s license is required. Must be at least 21 years old. Must have or be able to obtain Georgia Class III Waste Water Operator License within one year.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, 2019.
Henry County Water Authority is a Drug-free and Nicotine-free workplace
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer