Land Management Technician II
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Land Management Technician II performs a wide variety of unskilled, semi-skilled, skilled and specialized duties involved in landscaping maintenance of reservoir grounds, maintenance of reservoir dams, and construction and maintenance of trails, docks and structures at HCWA reservoirs. May participate in recreational and educational activities and events conducted by the department. Work requires physical strength and manipulative skill. General supervision is received and work is reviewed while in progress and upon completion. Some work may be performed on weekends. The Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs general landscaping work such as spreading wood chips, spraying areas for weed, pest and insect control, pruning limbs, mowing, trimming, sweeping and cleaning trail areas, and trash collection.
• Operates a variety of hand tools such as rakes, shovels, hoes, clippers, brooms and other maintenance tools.
• Operates a variety of power tools and light motorized equipment, including but not limited to, lawn mowers, weed eaters, blowers, hedge trimmers, chain saws, disc trimmers, high-pressure pesticide sprayer, power chipper, air-tamper, industrial compressor, jackhammer, generator, drills, grinders, track hoe, backhoe, dozer, track loaders, slope mower, skid steer and tractor.
• Insures that equipment is in good working condition and makes minor adjustments and repairs; reports any need for major repairs and maintenance.
• Operates trucks and ATV’s; may haul trailers with equipment.
• Cleans and maintains landscaped areas, paved areas, roadways, paths and walks; picks up litter, garbage and organic debris from landscaped areas.
• Performs skilled and semiskilled construction work such as building boardwalks, decking, railing, painting, repairing fencing and trail construction renovation.
• Under supervision, prepares and applies hazardous chemicals for pest and disease control on trees, shrubs, bushes, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; three to six months related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Must also possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License and be insurable by the Authority’s auto insurance carrier.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 16, 2021
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer