STOP DON'T FLUSH THAT!
While it may seem like no big deal, you should never use your toilet as a trash can. The list below gives some examples of items that when flushed can clog toilets, damage wastewater treatment facilities, necessitate expensive cleanups, increase water bills, create raw sewage overflows, harm marine animals and create toxic environmental issues.
- Baby wipes and diapers
- Rags and towels
- Cotton swabs
- Candy and other food wrappers
- Clothing labels
- Cleaning sponges
- Plastic items of any description
- Aquarium gravel or kitty litter
- Rubber items such as latex gloves
- Cigarette butts
- Sanitary napkins
- Disposable toilet brushes