HOUSEHOLD WATER AUDIT
HCWA encourages everyone to be good stewards of our water resources. Take a look at some water conservation tips and the Do It Yourself Household Water Assessment. There are things that all of us can do to use water wisely.
Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Water Audit - Now Available
Water audits are now available to Industrial-Commercial-Institutional (ICI) customers. These audits are performed to help ICI customers identify areas where water conservation efforts can be implemented. These efforts, if effectively implemented, can help the environment, and save money. Please contact HCWA Engineering Department for more details.
Outdoor Water Use
Daily outdoor watering for purposes of planting, growing, managing, or maintaining ground cover, trees, shrubs, or other plants is allowed each day, with the exception of the mid-day hours between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
The following outdoor water uses are allowed daily at any time of the day:
- Commercial agricultural operations as defined in Code Section 1-3-3;
- Capture and reuse of cooling system condensate or storm water in compliance with applicable local ordinances and state guidelines;
- Reuse of gray water in compliance with Code Section 31-3-5.2 and applicable local board of health regulations adopted pursuant thereto;
- Use of reclaimed waste water by a designated user from a system permitted by the Environmental Protection Division of the department to provide reclaimed waste water;
- Irrigation of personal food gardens;
- Irrigation of new and replanted plant, seed, or turf in landscapes, golf courses, or sports turf fields during installation and for a period of 30 days immediately following the date of installation;
- Drip irrigation or irrigation using soaker hoses;
- Handwatering with a hose with automatic cutoff or handheld container;
- Use of water withdrawn from private water wells or surface water by an owner or operator of property if such well or surface water is on said property;
- Irrigation of horticultural crops held for sale, resale or installation;
- Irrigation of athletic fields, golf courses, or public turf grass recreational areas;
- Installation, maintenance, or calibration of irrigation systems; or
For more information concerning outdoor water use, please go to: http://epd.georgia.gov/outdoor-water-use-information.