The Inventory/Purchasing Coordinator compiles purchasing and inventory records by reviewing transactions, reports, and physical inventory. In addition, the Coordinator meets with vendors to discuss products and services, and facilitates meetings and exchanges between vendors and other HCWA departments. The Inventory/Purchasing Coordinator conducts physical inventories, assists internal customers with inventory/warehouse matters, and interacts with the Finance department and auditors when reviewing reports. Also assists external customers with hydrant meters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compares information on requisitions, invoices, and shipping notices to material received or issued to verify accuracy of order.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of material received, stocked, and issued.
- Prepares requests for procurement of material.
- Inspects and accepts or rejects material received.
- Marks identifying information on material when received to meet HCWA standards.
- Responsible for issuing and recording hydrant meters to customers and reading meters, computing usage of water used.
- Reviews material requirements, availability, and specifications with vendors and internal customers.
- Conducts bids for materials.
- Places purchase orders for materials.
- Operates warehouse and inventory handling equipment such as loader, forklift, and pallet jack.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; at least one year related experience and/or training in a warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Georgia Driver's License. Must be certified to operate a forklift and loader.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 4, 2023.