Sprayfield Operator Trainee
This full-time position operates Land Application System of treated wastewater to control flow rates and maintain compliance with EPD guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains application rates of treated wastewater to stay within EPD permit limits as stated in EPD permits.
- Accurately enters daily operation data into computer so reports can be completed by deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining pond levels to ensure capacity of existing plant flows and future rain events.
- Collects samples from monitoring wells for testing of depth of ground water, performs pH and electrical conductivity tests in the field by approved EPD methods.
- Collects groundwater samples as required for lab to run nitrate/nitrogen and fecal coliform tests, recording exact place, date, time of sampling as required in chain of custody reports.
- Collects soil samples for pH and Soil fertility test by approved methods.
- Responsible for maintaining proper operation of spray heads and piping; inspects irrigation fields for damaged sprinklers, water lines, and bent risers; flags damaged items for repair.
- Assists in repairs of risers, spray heads and piping as needed.
- Operates control valves daily and schedules proper rotation of LAS zones.
- Operates a tractor with a rotary mower to maintain grass in the spray lanes, force mains and roads so visual inspections of spraying can be maintained at all times.
- Monitors and reports runoff situations to prevent direct discharges to creeks.
- Maintains vehicles, tractors, heavy equipment and ATV’s such as checking oil, coolant, tire pressure, lights, and safety checks. Notifies shop to schedule repairs when needed.
- May be required to serve on various employee committees.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Valid Georgia Driver's License. Must pass GA Class III Wastewater exam and obtain license within 18 months in this position.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to
50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 26, 2022.
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.