Water Conservation Can Save You Money
Conserving water means saving money and being good stewards of one of our most precious natural resources. It’s that simple.
The HCWA offers its own Top 10 Water Conservation Tips to help you with indoor and outdoor wise water use.
1. Fix Leaks Immediately, inside and outside your home.
2. Don’t leave the tap running when brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing.
3. Check your toilet – it’s the most common and costly place for water leaks.
4. Use the dishwasher and washing machine only when full.
5. Replace older toilets and showerheads with high efficiency models.
6. Choose water efficient appliances and fixtures as well.
7. Scrape dishes before washing them.
8. Only water plants when necessary.
9. Reduce the amount of lawn with a landscape that includes plants well adapted to our region.
10. Adjust sprinklers to only water the lawn/landscape, and not the driveway, sidewalk or street.
For more information on wise water use, check out our water conservation page within the Community & Education Section of this website (www.hcwa.com).
Chris Wood, Ph.D.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Lindsey Sanders, Environmental Compliance Coordinator