Financial Assistance Available to Customers Facing Hardship

There are several ways HCWA customers can receive financial assistance, thanks to our partnerships with local non-profit organizations and agencies.

First, generous customers who “round up” their monthly bill provide funds for our Charitable Assistance Program (CAP) to help other customers pay their monthly water bill. Our CAP is administered by our friends at Connecting Henry, who you can contact at 770-274-3642 or 

Second, we can direct our customers to the Henry County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), which provides financial assistance for rent, utilities (including water), and security deposits. For more information, call 855-436-7926 or go to

Third, the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a federal program to help low-income residents pay for water and wastewater services, if those utility bills are in your name, and you can verify a financial burden. Our partner agency for LIHWAP is the Clayton County Community Services Authority, who can be reached at 404-363-0575 or

Finally, we offer special payment arrangements for those customers needing extra time to get caught up on their bill. For more information, check out our website at