2022 HCWA Veterans Deer Hunt
Saturday, November 19, 2022 (5:00 AM-11:00 AM and 3:00 PM till Sunset)
This hunt is open to ALL Henry County Veterans who have been honorably discharged, active duty and reservist.
Step 1: Applications can be found on hcwa.com website or may be picked up at Walnut Creek WRF, 1682 N. Ola Rd., McDonough GA. 30252 in person on Monday – Friday between 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM starting on Monday August 8, 2022
Step 2: Fill out application. Information provided will serve as contact information about the hunt so please print neatly and use accurate information. Make copy of your driver’s license or water bill as proof of Henry Co. residency. Also, a copy of your DD 214 is required.
Step 3: Return the application with proof of qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 770-305-9140.
You may also bring applications to Walnut Creek WRF, 1682 N. Ola Rd., McDonough GA. 30252 in person with proof of qualifications during the following dates/times ONLY!
Monday – August 8th – September 29th 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
No applications will be received after Thursday September 29th, at 4:00pm
Drawing will be held at Walnut Creek WRF, 1682 N. Ola Rd., McDonough GA. 30252 on Friday, September 30th at 9:00 AM.
Important information for those applicants who are drawn for the hunt:
1. It is mandatory that all applicants who are drawn for the hunt attend an orientation meeting at Walnut Creek LAS, 570 River Rd., McDonough GA. 30252 on Friday, November 19, at 6:00 PM.
2. All applicants who are drawn for the hunt are responsible for providing their own hunting materials (orange hunting vest, shotgun, ammunition, hunting stool, etc.). HCWA staff will transport hunters to and from their hunting locations.
3. You will be notified by email and /or phone that you have been chosen for the hunt. We will also pick 10 alternates to fill a position of someone who for some reason can’t participate in the hunt. Those alternates will also be notified that they have been chosen as alternates. If you are chosen for the hunt and for some reason can’t participate, please let us know ASAP.
Regulations for Deer Hunting
- Hunters are responsible to insure that they have the proper license; all State laws and license are enforced and required.
- Walnut Creek veterans hunt will be shotgun only, using only buckshot ammunition.
- Only deer may be harvested. Bag limits will be discussed at orientation.
- Hunters must use personal state issued deer tags.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Authority property.
- Hunters must remain in designated blind for duration of hunt. HCWA staff will escort hunters in and out of hunting blind.
- All hunters are required to have a working cell phone.
- All hunters are required to wear 500 sq. Inches of orange above the waist at all times.
- Hunting areas will be assigned by lottery. Areas will be designated by Authority Staff.
- No pre-hunt or post hunt scouting. Hunting is allowed only on specified date and times.
- Only Ground blinds will be allowed for this hunt. All blinds will be pre-set and provided.
- All deer must be brought to the check station before field dressed by the hunter.
- NO tracking of deer will be allowed without accompany of HCWA staff member.
- Any hunter who violates state law or special regulations set forth by the Henry County Water Authority is subject to losing their hunting privileges on Authority property, which will result in forfeiture of the hunt, entry fee, and any future hunting opportunity on Authority property.
The Henry County Water Authority is not responsible or liable for loss, theft, damage or destruction of any person’s personal property.
Be advised that under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering our premises. If such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting Covid-19. You are assuming this risk by entering HCWA premises.
HCWA reserves the right to cancel/revise this event at any time.