Henry County Water Authority Citizen Academy
The Henry County Water Authority Citizen Academy is a 6-session program designed to provide education about where our water comes from, how it is treated, and how we protect one of our most precious natural resources on a daily basis.
Benefits of the Citizen’s Academy:
- Gain further knowledge of where our water comes from and how to conserve and protect it for future generations
- Obtain a better understanding of the operations involved in providing clean water and the various challenges in the industry
- Learn the value of water and the vast amount of employees and planning that is necessary to run an efficient system
- Have the opportunity to meet essential workers in the water industry on private VIP tours to ask questions and share information
Classroom Days are Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (dinner will be served)
HCWA Engineering Building, 100 Westridge Industrial Boulevard, McDonough GA 30253
- Session 1: Where Does My Water Come From? - Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Session 3: Henry County Water Authority Planning & Operations - Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Session 5: How To Become A Water Advocate/Graduation Day! - Thursday, June 15, 2023
Tour Days are Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Session 2: Indian Creek Wastewater Plant VIP Tour - Saturday, May 20, 2023
(1601 Lester Mill Rd, Locust Grove GA 30248)
- Session 4: Tussahaw Water Plant VIP Tour - Saturday, June 3, 2023
(199 Preservation Avenue, Jackson GA 30233)
- Session 6: Cubihatcha Outdoor Education Center VIP Boat Tour - Saturday, June 24, 2023
(100 Collins Road, Locust Grove GA 30248)
Eligibility Requirements - Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Henry County Water Authority customer
- Under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (max of 2 children with adult/minimum age of 13)
- Complete and return the signed application and waiver below for each person/family member who plans to attend.
- Be able to attend all classes.
This 2023 class is now full! If you would like to go on the waitlist for next year, please complete the registration below for May/June 2024. Thank you!
Class sizes will be limited to 15 people. Additional applicants can be placed on a waiting list and contacted as openings become available. For more information, please contact 678-583-3809. Thank you!