Henry County Water Authority Citizen Academy
THE 2022 CITIZEN ACADEMY IS FULL!
Please check back soon for the next Academy class schedule.
The Henry County Water Authority Citizen Academy is a 6-session program designed to provide education about where our water comes from, how it is treated, and how we protect one of our most precious natural resources on a daily basis.
Benefits of the Citizen’s Academy:
- Gain further knowledge of where our water comes from and how to conserve and protect it for future generations
- Obtain a better understanding of the operations involved in providing clean water and the various challenges in the industry
- Learn the value of water and the vast amount of employees and planning that is necessary to run an efficient system
- Have the opportunity to meet essential workers in the water industry on private VIP tours to ask questions and share information
Classroom Days are Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (dinner will be served)
HCWA Engineering Building, 100 Westridge Industrial Boulevard, McDonough GA 30253
- Session 1: Where Does My Water Come From? - Thursday, June 9
- Session 3: Henry County Water Authority Planning & Operations - Thursday, June 16
- Session 6: How To Become A Water Advocate/Graduation Day! - Thursday, June 30
Tour Days are Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Session 2: Tussahaw Water Plant VIP Tour - Saturday, June 11
(199 Preservation Avenue, Jackson GA 30233)
- Session 4: Walnut Creek Wastewater Plant VIP Tour - Saturday, June 18
(1682 North Ola Road, McDonough GA 30252)
- Session 5: Cubihatcha Outdoor Education Center VIP Boat Tour - Saturday, June 25
(100 Collins Road, Locust Grove GA 30248)
Eligibility Requirements - Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Henry County Water Authority customer
- Under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (max of 2 children with adult/minimum age of 13)
- Complete and return the signed application and waiver below
THIS CLASS IS FULL! Please check back soon for next Academy schedule.
Class sizes will be limited to 15 people. Additional applicants can be placed on a waiting list and contacted as openings become available. For more information, please contact 678-583-3809. Thank you!